The Strategic Growth Plan (Community Plan) sets out how by working together in collaboration and pooling resources, we can strategically grow and improve social, economic and environmental well-being for all.
To deliver on the Education & Skills Outcomes we have established an Education and Skills Delivery Partnership (EDSP).
The EDSP has the following mandate.
- It has a strategic role of setting the direction of skills development in the city and district
- It has an operational role in leading on co-ordinating and implementing the education and skills actions identified in the Strategic Growth Plan.
Membership of the partnership comprises the Action Lead/Delivery Partners responsible for the actions listed under the outcome:
“We are Better Skilled & Educated.”
This includes statutory, public and private sector reps.
Those with an interest in the outcome area are co-opted onto subgroups established for particular issues through the subgroup chair.
The Partnership aims to provide a common focus for co-ordination, oversight and prioritisation of the skills landscape in Derry City & Strabane District Council.
Detailed research has been undertaken to understand what skills sets employers are struggling to find. In response, a number of initiatives are now underway to identify and progress appropriate actions to inform local skills provision and supporting services. Four subgroups led by the business sector have been tasked with taking initiatives forward:
- Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering Sub Group
- Tourism & Hospitality Sub Group
- Creative & Digital Technologies Sub Group
- UNESCO Learning City Sub Group